1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carpet and Seat Fabric treatments

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jeri, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Jeri

Jeri New Member

I called several detailing shops for estimates on getting the carpeting and seats treated with a soil and moisture repellant. One of the places I called told me they can't do the work on the Prius as it might damage the vehicles electronics. Is this misinformation on his part or should I be rethinking this project?

2. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Bogus; he might have heard about the outgassing damaging the brake light switch (since recalled) and thought it was electronics.

Also, the fabrics are already stain-resistant. One poster reported that using Scotch-guard ruined the finish on the silver plastic next to the fabric. I've decided just to bite the bullet and get custom seat covers for these seats instead.

3. alcor

alcor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I applied Scotch Guard liberally to all the fabric and carpet. It did stain the silver plastic next to the fabric, but fortunately it wiped off completely with a damp cloth. The Scotch Guard seems to be working well, although many say that the fabric resists stains without it.

Alan