1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carpet Floor Mat Recommendations - Please

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Vincent, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My 3 month old gray factory mats are a wonderful fit, but are already discolored and showing serious signs of wear. I don't want to switch to all-weather mats.

Do you have any recommendations for durable carpet, color matched floor mats? Sigma is offering a few (expensive) choices and I understand the Canadian factory mats are "heavier". Help!

2. SLC-UT

SLC-UT New Member

I just purchased the Prius all weather mats from my dealer and am very happy. They are rugged and easy to clean. I paid $86 (US). Well worth it if they hold up as I expect.

3. clifford

clifford Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vincent @ Apr 11 2006, 04:52 AM) [snapback]237960[/snapback]</div>
    I also bought Prius, all weather mats, rubber, via eBay. They only come in black so they are not really matched but it will save your carpet just the same. Also you can buy cargo liners of various types to protect that carpet as well.

4. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got the Toyota all weather mats and love them. They are deep enough to hold most spills and gunk from your shoes. Anthing more and you might as well have a big bucket to put your feet in. They snap in place like the OEM mats. Speaking of which if anyone wants my OEM tan floor mats and is in El Paso you can have them. I have two sets. I am too lazy to box them up to mail them to sell them on ebay and too cheap to just toss them in the garbage. :p

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    if they're really worn (ie, bare spots in carpet or other clear signs of defect under normal use) you can ask to have them replaced under warranty. the dealer shoud take care of it.

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I was cheap and used the ones I got from Costco for my last car. They're 15 years old, but they're still good. Being dark blue they match the exterior. And they fit pretty well too.

7. finally_got_one

finally_got_one New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Apr 11 2006, 08:36 AM) [snapback]238014[/snapback]</div>
    I got a pair of new mats...from Costco. They work fine, and I can trim them to fit. Pretty cheap, too. ;)

8. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I didn't get the carpet mats but thick rubber ones. My climate can experience snow, slush, and salt in winter, so it would be murder on the carpet to spill that sort of stuff on it.

I got a pair of heavy duty ones at Canadian Tire on sale for $20. My Prius is a tideland with tan interior, and the tan rubber mats match almost perfectly. They work well too, the carpet is still clean.

9. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Another shout out for the all-weather mats. I got mine at MetroTPN.com, they're the OEM Toyota Prius ones. Used them last week for a snowboarding trip to the mountains, as I knew we'd be tracking in various forms of mud, dirt, slush, and snow during that time. Love them! The carpeted mats got dirty quick, you'd think I trudged around in dirt and mud all day long from the looks of them (~2 months old).

10. Emma

Emma New Member

Either you guys are exceptionally hard on floor mats or Toyota mats suck. :lol:

I had my original factory floor mats in my Honda Civic for over 12 years and they looked almost as good as the day I bought the car when I sold her last month.

The Toyota mats that came with my Prius seem to be of similar quality, so I'm hoping they last a long time.

11. gilahiker

gilahiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tadashi @ Apr 11 2006, 08:37 AM) [snapback]237998[/snapback]</div>
    Tadashi...I'll be coming through the El Paso area to go to the airport at the end of April and might take you up on the offer. Mine are only two months old and looking a bit trashed already!

12. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You might consider clear vinal mats over the existing carpet. I got a complete set; front, back, and cargo area. They are custom fit for the Prius. www.matdepot.com

13. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks for your input and the all-weather mats seem to have solved most problems, but I want to stay with carpet if I can (not much mud and snow here).

Does anyone have any carpet mats to recommend?

14. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have the original mats in my 04 "Ivory" they got dirty fast. I took them to a detail shop and they got them looking as good as NEW..
    Then I soaked them in scotch gard and let them dry that was 4 months ago & they still look new.. :)

15. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My carpet mats are looking a little grungy after 2 years but no real wear spots, yet. I just hose them down every couple of months or so. I wore my corolla's mat and carpet thru to bare metal under my right heal in a mere 12 years. To my way of thinking the mats are supposed to look grungy, they are protecting the carpet from grungy stuff on your shoes. I get the impression I'm surrounded by people who use plastic sofa covers and double coasters.

16. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ours aren't heavier unless you're referring to our Toyota all-weather mats, then yes they're quite heavy. They're also of different design than the US all-weather mats. I'd say go for it. My dad who had a set of Canadian Tire rubber mats (1997-2004) saw the ones in my Prius and got rid of his and bought a set for his Camry.

17. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I replaced the mats in my Lexus (a little heavier than the Prius mats, but not much) with Lloyd Heavyweight mats:

http://www.lloydmats.com/index2.htm

They cost...a lot almost $200 for the set. They are SUPER nice though, the pile is so thick they're almost like sheepskin mats and they are extremely durable, feel great under your feet, and deaden road noise.

They also make a more middle of the road mat, the Ultimats, which we're probably going to put in the Prius this year. My guess is a charcoal will match the darker parts of the ivory interior and will resist staining better than the ivory.

18. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gilahiker @ Apr 11 2006, 05:26 PM) [snapback]238281[/snapback]</div>
    I work on Ft. Bliss which is 5 min from the airport. I can meet you there or somewhere nearby if you want.

Although the weather is not too bad here I just like to be safe than sorry. I have been in areas where they salt the roads and sidewalks and would rather have that gunk on a plastic floor mat that i can wash off than the carpet ones.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RonH @ Apr 11 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]238344[/snapback]</div>
    hahaha My grandparents had the plastic sofa cover. Nah we do not do that we just make all passengers take off their shoes and hold them out the window. :lol:

19. Vandil

Vandil New Member

I replaced the stock matts in my car with a set of GGBailey custom floor matts. Very nice matts that are custom sized for your car, with the option to have what ever you want embroiderd on them. Plus you have the option for heel pads if you've worn a hole in the stock matts but like the plush carpet feel and look.

http://www.ggbailey.com/

20. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

Here's a question...

If you bought all weather rubber/plastic mats, do you lay them over your carpeted mats, or remove them and just have the rubber/vinyl/plastic on top of your carpet?

I lay them on the carpeted mats.