1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

carplay question

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Audio, Electronics and Infotainment' started by lohikaarme, Sep 30, 2023.

1. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I am messing around with apple carplay for the first time. Overall it seems pretty straight forward. If you go to the apple split screen though it has like the GPS on one side, the other side is a search and a "now playing".

Is there any way to customize this so that it shows a different app instead of search and now playing? I spent some time searching this on the youtubes but it keeps showing how to split screen android.

2. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Good question. That would be nice but I do believe it is set as displayed for the split screen option. I can’t find any way to customize it.

3. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Good question. That would be nice but I do believe it is set as displayed for the split screen option. I can’t find any way to customize it.

4. Ngenovesi

Ngenovesi Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Can you default Apple Car play to open when car is turned on.

5. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Basic information about using CarPlay can be found in Apple's iPhone User Guide. Open the CarPlay section and select your IOS version to ensure you get the appropriate information. One question it doesn't handle is how split screens are controlled. I don't use it regularly (I'm usually running Apple Maps full screen) or display the app icons. However, when I have used it, I believe that Maps uses half the screen for displaying the current, the top right quarter for the current direction, and the other quarter shows the previous app accessed. I think what exactly it displays depends on the mix of apps accessed recently.

I believe that the car defaults to the last screen controller used when the car was turned off. So, if CarPlay was on when you turned the car off, it will be what comes up when the car is started if the same phone is connected.

6. Ngenovesi

Ngenovesi Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Mine does not do that. When I start my car the Toyota info system starts and the map is displayed. I always have to switch to Apple Car play.

7. Ngenovesi

Ngenovesi Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Turning on customized fixed my issue

reallyreal likes this.