1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carpool Decal question

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by pplott, Feb 20, 2007.

1. pplott

pplott New Member

This is an after the fact question about how one applied for the HOV carpool decal. Last year when I applied for the carpool decal for my Prius, I remember having to apply for the Fastrack transponder, sending a copy of that paperwork along with a DMV clean air decal application, including the $8.00 fee. In that DMV application, they asked for my license plate number, which at that time I had and entered that on the form.

The question I have is how did other people get their decals before they even got their license plates? Some brank spanking new Prius owners told me they managed to get their decals even before they got their license plates. Did DMV change their application protocol to just include the VIN number, if the vehicle owner had not yet received the license plates?

Just curious.

2. bugmenot

bugmenot New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Smartenergy @ Feb 20 2007, 10:47 AM) [snapback]393290[/snapback]</div>
    Even if new Prius owners have not received their new plates yet, they may already have a license plate number assigned by the DMV's computers. If you call them (or your dealer), they will give it to you over the phone.