1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cars available in Oregon- Link here

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by winebuff, May 13, 2009.

1. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    Hi guys
    There are cars docked in the port Of Portland. Here is a link from a dealer who has 2 waiting to be sold. Ask for John Stoltz and tell them Julie sent you (no commision for me)

Toyota of Gladstone?s 2010 Prius allocation unveiled!!!

We are supposed to physically get them in our grubby little hands next week. I have had calls from 3 dealers so they are here. Pm me for names, numbers etc.

EDIT: GO to page 3 of postings, lots of cars avaliable now. I listed some and their dealers

Road trip, why not?:cheer2:

1 person likes this.
  2. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Heh, I wonder if Toyota will force this dealer to wait. I find it hard to believe that any additional profit this dealer might gouge on the couple of cars it has will justify pissing off the manufacturer.

3. winebuff

Model:
    IV
    No, he is not gouging. They are at msrp. He is a nice guy. Just wanted to let you know they are available.

4. winebuff

Model:
    IV
    Not one dealer I talked to in Oregon or Washington for that matter, is selling above msrp. We are good in the NW :)

5. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    We'll see. If the dealer really is not running after the "got to have it NOW at any price" crowd, then I understand even less the motivation to buck Toyota central. Maybe a person can buy the car, but not actually drive it off the lot for a while ?

Circa 2004, the common dodge for dealers who wanted to gouge, but play *as if* they were keeping to msrp, was to add non-negotiable, msrp dealer installed garbage to the car.

6. accordingly

accordingly Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    They are just saying they know what is coming, which every dealer knows and can tell you. There's no telling when they would allow you to take delivery (or even when you can come see it), which I assume will be when Toyota says they can. I'm sure they'll take the payment now of course!

7. onehsancare

onehsancare Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, I got this email this morning from my Oregon dealer:

"Your Prius is scheduled to be at our dealership on 5/20. In my experience they are often early so I'll keep you updated."

I'll admit that I only inferred that he meant I could take delivery on 5/20 or when it arrives, but that seemed a fair interpretation. I told him about the scepticism on this forum and got this response:

"I'm not sure where these people are getting their information, but as soon as it arrives you can take delivery.

On a side note, there are a number of cars tagged with a 5/18 delivery so I wouldn't be surprised if your Prius arrived then or earlier."

So, Monday would be good!

8. dc202

dc202 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congratulations!

9. winebuff

Model:
    IV
    Got calls from 3 dealers today. They should be in next week as posted above from onehsancare. They are definitely available in Oregon and parked at the port

10. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Why would they announce to the world that they have only two available before June1?
    This is just a tactic to create feeding fancy that the must have now people will start bidding above MSRP to get it.
    They know they will get more than MSRP for the first handful of Prius.

11. winebuff

Model:
    IV
    Only one dealer had allocation of 2 and offered me either one since I was first on his list for msrp but I already found one. Nope, you are wrong. I had 5 dealers in the last 2 days say they had cars at msrp, not inflated. No bidding war here. Every single one offered me cars, different models at msrp. They are at the port now. No price gouging. I have dealers names if anyone wants one.

2 people like this.
  12. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    No Oregonians even bite at MSRP!
    I admire the Oregonians are smart people.

13. winebuff

Model:
    IV
    I am paying msrp and am happy with that. And yes, we are smart :) We live in the most beautiful place I can imagine

14. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Piercey, Milpitas, CA manager also told me they would get a 2010 by week of 5/18 - 22, while asking if 2009 are no longer being delivered.

I'm looking forward to all new 2009's being sold / no longer available new to gain benefit is case of selling mine. I've reached the point of either fix the seat to my liking or sell the car in a few months.

15. DMHAK

DMHAK New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    After talking with several dealers in Oregon and Washington, here is the info I received. The Northwest is getting ~1,100 cars in this first allocation. Dealers are getting 2 cars each +1 special request. This is a minimum. Dealers may get more allocated in this first round based on their historic Prius sales. One dealer told me that no Prius III w/moonroof package were available with this first allocation in the NW. I also found out that the 2nd allocation is likely about 10 days trailing the first allocation and several dealers are starting to get their 2nd allocation numbers yesterday/today. The 2nd allocation should be getting many III and IV models.

BTW - one of my dealers called me last night to tell me he had his allocation in, at his dealership but I couldn't drive one until today. I AM SO EXCITED!!! (but he doesn't have the color/package I want)

Go Oregon! :)

1 person likes this.
  16. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Our dealer just called to say ours has cleared the Portland port, and is on its way across Oregon, Idaho, then home to papa ... Flathead Valley, here it comes! They estimate less then 12 days.

:D

hooo haa !

What packages did they offer, and what were the dates?

17. marduk

marduk New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sweet! Please share your experiences at the dealerships.

I will finally get a chance to check out the car in person. I will of course need to take with me the ginormous convertible car seat, bike, spare wheels, bike stand, tool box, worm bin... to see if everything will fit (okay maybe not everything. :))

18. winebuff

Model:
    IV
    Red package 2 ready in port. It is located in Corvallis, Oregon and should be able to pick up beginning of next week. Call Scott Goff at Phil and Jims toyota Corvallis and tell them Julie with the blue package 4 sent you. MSRP, no mark up. 541.754.6093

19. winebuff

Model:
    IV
    blizzard white package 4 with sunroof, dark grey leather available in grants pass, Oregon at msrp which is $30,570.
    Call Chip Edwards at Wheeler Toyota 541.840.0568.

Tell him Julie, who turned this down told you to call him. Available now

20. winebuff

Model:
    IV
    2 sandy beach colored 2010 Prius's available at Toyota Gladstone in Oregon. Call Jon Stoltz at 503.655.7100 at msrp. Believe it is a 3 and a 4 but not positive. No sunroof.