1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

*Cars Mark Our Lives*

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by catgic, Sep 13, 2007.

1. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    HTTP 404 Not Found

2. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    HTTP 404 Not Found

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Nope.

Cars for me are transportation. Got my first one when I moved out of town and needed one. It died soon so I got a new one. I got the next one in order to have 3-point seat belts 12 years later. 15 years after that I wanted ABS and air bags, and got the Prius. And 3 years after that it became possible to get an electric car, and that one relegated the Prius to out-of-town trips.

So my acquisition of cars has always been just to move up, step by step, to better and better technology as it became available and I could afford it.

4. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Nope.

Cars for me are transportation. Got my first one when I moved out of town and needed one. It died soon so I got a new one. I got the next one in order to have 3-point seat belts 12 years later. 15 years after that I wanted ABS and air bags, and got the Prius. And 3 years after that it became possible to get an electric car, and that one relegated the Prius to out-of-town trips.

So my acquisition of cars has always been just to move up, step by step, to better and better technology as it became available and I could afford it.

5. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Sep 13 2007, 10:43 AM) [snapback]511971[/snapback]</div>
    People who say "Cars are just transportation" or "A car is just a way to get from point A to point B" have no idea how much of a stabbing feeling they create in the heart of a true car lover. In fact, I may not be able to eat my lunch now.

Imagine you are a cat loving person. Another cat lover asks, doesn't the day you adopted your cat mark a significatn time in your life?

Then someone responds with "Cats are just hairballs that need to be delt with. The wife or kids get um, and then you have to smell liter boxes, buy cat food and pay vet bills."

6. NoMoShocks

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Sep 13 2007, 10:43 AM) [snapback]511971[/snapback]</div>
    People who say "Cars are just transportation" or "A car is just a way to get from point A to point B" have no idea how much of a stabbing feeling they create in the heart of a true car lover. In fact, I may not be able to eat my lunch now.

Imagine you are a cat loving person. Another cat lover asks, doesn't the day you adopted your cat mark a significatn time in your life?

Then someone responds with "Cats are just hairballs that need to be delt with. The wife or kids get um, and then you have to smell liter boxes, buy cat food and pay vet bills."

7. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Sep 13 2007, 11:02 AM) [snapback]511981[/snapback]</div>
    I said that for me a car is just transportation, and that therefore, a new car is not a special point in my life, other than that I have acquired a newer technology than I had before, which is nice.

I would not be offended if someone said to me: "A cat for me is just another warm, furry way to keep my lap warm and my house mouse-free." For me, a cat is a person. But the preceding hypothetical comment would not bother me.

I respect your special feeling for cars. I do not share it. The thread asked that, and I answered. I trust that now you'll be able to enjoy your lunch. :)

8. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Sep 13 2007, 11:02 AM) [snapback]511981[/snapback]</div>
    I said that for me a car is just transportation, and that therefore, a new car is not a special point in my life, other than that I have acquired a newer technology than I had before, which is nice.

I would not be offended if someone said to me: "A cat for me is just another warm, furry way to keep my lap warm and my house mouse-free." For me, a cat is a person. But the preceding hypothetical comment would not bother me.

I respect your special feeling for cars. I do not share it. The thread asked that, and I answered. I trust that now you'll be able to enjoy your lunch. :)

9. NoMoShocks

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Sep 13 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]512212[/snapback]</div>
    I am sorry if I went too far to make my point. Lunch was good. It was inended to make a point in a silly sort of way, but if I hurt your feelings, then I went too far.

10. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Sep 13 2007, 11:03 PM) [snapback]512369[/snapback]</div>
    No problem. I thought you were exaggerating. But I also felt it deserved a reply. :)