1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cars that should be crushed...

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by livelychick, Mar 22, 2007.

1. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I admit that I'm a speeder. As I was going about ten MPH over the posted limit, I noticed a big ol' white Crown Victoria that mysteriously appeared behind me. Of course, I immediately stiffened, got into the right lane, and whispered a silent prayer. The car cruised past me, an old man who was clearly not a policeman behind the wheel.

I've always wondered if sadistic people buy white Crown Vics. It's gotta be hysterical watching all the brake lights.

I humbly submit that all white Crown Vics should be recalled, then a huge "I'm not a cop" painted on its hood. And they should never be sold again.

Any other cars (besides the obvious gas guzzlers we always rip on) that should be taken out of commission?

2. itsme

itsme New Member

Well I think this one is already out of commision the YUGO...
    A friend of mine converted one to electric or should say tried, after installing all the batteries the springs broke and part of the frame craked had to weld and weld to get more support and install ford truck springs..lol and I thought my vw fox ev was bad ..LOL

anyone want to buy a NICE yugo lol ( if he still has it in is yard posing as yard art)

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well, Lively, here's one I'll disagree with you about. You know my opinion of the law: I think most laws exist just to pound the downtrodden further down into the dust. I've broken the law, openly, and cheerfully done my time for it. But traffic laws are an exception. Traffic laws save lives. So I say, more power to the old geezer who drives around in his Crown Victoria making people slow down and otherwise obey the laws they'd normally ignore.

A better solution, though, would be to put cops in normal cars, with the cop lights hidden so there'd be no way to tell. Then any car could be a cop car and we'd all have to drive 5 or 10 mph slower, which would be a good thing.

... Maybe I've found something Schmika and PG04/HG07 will agree with me about... :rolleyes:

4. Porridge

Porridge New Member

You think that's bad. How about cops in the UK putting cardboard cutouts of police cars on motorway bridges. Now that's just plain not cricket like. Even worse when the SOB parks behind the cardboard cutout several weeks later when everyone has worked out it is not the real thing.

Don't even start me on the average speed cameras. Oh yes. Enter the road works, the camera take a photo of your licence plate and the time it took it. At the end of the road works, another camera (which is linked to the first) takes another photo of your licence and compares the time. The computer then works out the average speed you did. If you exceed it, it looks your car up on the DLVC and you get a nice photo of you around about two weeks later.

5. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Mar 22 2007, 08:54 PM) [snapback]410556[/snapback]</div>
    I don't mind this idea. But even if that happened, white Crown Vics would still rate a ten on the pucker factor for me.

6. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Mar 22 2007, 06:30 PM) [snapback]410544[/snapback]</div>
    Doing something questionable and taking it out on the other guy....do I sense some projection here? :D

for what it's worth, there seems to be responses like this to driving at/just under the speed limit in the rightmost lane

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The Aztek. It's just butt ugly.

8. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    crack
    Who designed that car? Hitler and the Nazis? :huh:

9. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Mar 22 2007, 08:27 PM) [snapback]410601[/snapback]</div>
    It was the Beetle. If it was designed by GM, it would have been called the Corvair.

Part of the reason I know there is a God is I was in one for 25 years growing up and survived. :p

10. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Most of Toyota's vehicles are ugly I think. I do like the look of the Prius even though many don't. Whatever that one that looks like a box is the worst. (Matrix??) I heard someone once went into Toyota and ask the salesman if they offered it in cardboard color. :lol:

11. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tracysbeans @ Mar 22 2007, 11:16 PM) [snapback]410668[/snapback]</div>
    Are you're thinking of a Scion Xb? It truly is a box.

[​IMG]

The Matrix/Vibe actually look OK to me.

[​IMG]

12. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

13. itsme

itsme New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tracysbeans @ Mar 22 2007, 10:16 PM) [snapback]410668[/snapback]</div>
    That scion looks like a clown car you keep expecting to see 20 people fall out dressed in clown suites

14. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(regenme @ Mar 23 2007, 07:24 AM) [snapback]410771[/snapback]</div>
    What's surprising is how popular that car is, though. The people who drive them absolutely love 'em.

15. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Yes, they do. Something about the mod ability, I think.

Back to the Aztec. D'ya think folks lost their jobs over the design of that car? Or will it be the modern day Edsel, reviled at first, then appreciated later?

16. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    But Tracy, are you aware that the Scion Xb is the one full-featured car that (if and only if you live in CA) you can get as an EV? AC Propulsion does the conversion. The price is way more than you'd want to pay, but as for concept, it's the one EV available. Ugly as it is (and I hate it) they chose it for its practicality: Plenty of room to install the batteries, and still lots of usable space remaining.

17. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I actually like the look of the Scion xB; but then my tastes have always been a few standard deviations from the norm. When we were looking at the Prius, I had mentioned the Scion xB to my wife. She was not familiar with it until I pointed it out - the look on her face made me think she might have thrown up into her mouth...

And yes, they are so popular because of the ability to mod them out and their cargo room. But I assume they have a CoD equivalent to a moving van... :lol:

18. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Mar 23 2007, 10:51 AM) [snapback]410836[/snapback]</div>
    Daniel, Yes I am aware of that but the car is still ugly. Also you missed the 2nd reason I wouldn't get one. You got the #1 reason price but the 2nd reason would be because my EV needs to be a truck. So I guess there's 3 reasons I wouldn't get it!

#1 Price
    #2 I need a EV truck
    #3 It's ugly

19. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tracysbeans @ Mar 23 2007, 08:36 AM) [snapback]410864[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, it's ugly. But are you telling me that your itty bitty GEM has more cargo-carrying ability than a Scion??? That thing has a lot of room for cargo back there.

20. mini2prius

mini2prius Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Mar 22 2007, 09:19 PM) [snapback]410596[/snapback]</div>
    Its funny (to me, anyway) you should say that because I've always thought the prius design (current gen) looked like it had been lifted from the Aztec - sort of an "Aztec Light" look. Before you rip me new one, take a look at this and compare it to a similar shot of a Prius without the silly wheel insert thingies.

AMC Pacer and Gremlin get my vote.

Oh yeah, and the VW Thing.