1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

carseats in 2004 prius?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Kathryn2010, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Kathryn2010

Kathryn2010 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone! I am looking to buy a convertible car seat for my 10 month old daughter. I have done some research and it seems that the Safety 1st Complete Air SE would be the best purchase, but I am not sure if it will fit in the 2004 Prius. Has anyone had any experience with this situation? Any hints or advice? Thank you in advance!!

2. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    No experience with that specific seat, but have used the Britax Boulevard in the Prius. As long as you aren't super tall (over 6') they fit fine rear-facing.

I recommend buying from a local store if possible as any good one will let you test fit the seat before buying it.

3. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had the Graco infant seats (with base) and now they've graduated to the convertible Cosco seats. Neither have been an issue with my '05. We are, however, fairly short in my family, so the driver's seat doesn't have to go back very far.

4. sub3marathonman

sub3marathonman Active Member

I haven't had that specific seat either, but we have two car seats in the back of a 2005 Prius and it is fine. On the outboard rear seats you will want to use the LATCH, I would not put the carseat in the middle because the manufacturers, in their infinite wisdom, have not provided for the LATCH there. But it is possible to use the middle with the belt if you choose to do that based on the possibility that it is the safest position. I chose the drivers side of the rear seat because it is the same side I'm on.