1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Casualvic Signing in!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by casualvic, Apr 15, 2011.

1. casualvic

casualvic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hello everyone! well, I am really appreciative of forums!!! they all have info you are looking for. I just got a 2011 Prius, I think the I? but the color is blizzard pearl and is as stock as it gets. I downgraded from a 2007 BMW 530XI. But the reason of course is for gas costs!!! Today is day 2 with the vehicle and I'm happy. Although I did think that hybrids were soooooooooo gas efficient, dont get me wrong they are, but I thought they got allot more mileage than they really do. It feels like I have to drive super slow and eccelerate like a turtle. But again, Im not bashing, its just the lack of knowledge I had. Anyways, right off the bat I want to get HID lights and then get the following in order of cost
    strut bar
    chassis stifner
    Stereo screen GPS, Bluetooth etc.
    lowered suspension
    rims Rota Slips (black)
    Again I'm happy to join this forum and all advice is highly appreciated

2. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on your new Prius and welcome to PriusChat.

Why are you surprised about MPGs? As you researched your Prius purchase you would have known it's MPGs upfront. After some Prius driving experience, I'm sure you'll be getting in the mid-50's and higher on the MPG. Of course, you didn't tell us your MPGs.

Recommendation: DO NOT lower your suspension. The Prius suspension and ground clearance is already so low that many drivers complain. The rest of your mods will look good.

Keep us updated on your MPGs.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    lesson #1) you UPGRADED from a bmw!:D

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ha. I read the thread title as a verb and puzzled over what it meant to "casualvic sign in"? Is that something like auto-sign-on?

Anyway, now that I have it straight, welcome to PC. It's a great forum.

Tom

5. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the upgraded ride!

6. casualvic

casualvic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    I
    ha ha

7. casualvic

casualvic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    I
    ok Grammar officer I'm glad you figured out the mind boggling tittle. Always one in every forum! but ya, thanks I guess

8. casualvic

casualvic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    I
    thank you spiderman, I will take advantage of the vast knowledge in here.

9. casualvic

casualvic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    I
    thanks for the advice, Ive had many vehicles in the past to include honda civic's that I lowered and were about 2 inches off the ground...I think I have experience in lowered cars and will enjoy a lowered prius....unlike many drivers...I really dont think it's that low at all. thanks for response

10. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the forum! Regarding the mpg's, it's all relative. You sound like a driver and not just a car owner. (compliment) You can drive the Prius pretty hard and it will still give you 45+ mpg in warm weather and medium terrain. To me, that's pretty good. Obviously to get much higher mpg's requires differing mind set and technique. But that's not really different than a mindset change you'd make going from the street to the track in a different vehicle. You change to get the desired results for the task at hand.

I understand how the slow acceleration and speed feels in the beginning with the Prius, but try this. Don't accelerate slow. In fact, don't waste much time getting up to speed, but once you do get there back off and glide at speed. Over time you will see you average mpg go up. Remember, if you have to run the engine, do it at a level where it's efficient and that's not low rpm's. (Do try to stay out of the red on the HSI when you can) Even a fast driver can improve mpg with just a few small changes.

1 person likes this.
  11. casualvic

casualvic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    I
    very good advice! I am glad to hear that I will still get good mileage even if I accelerate a little faster in busy areas. I am glad though on the chances of getting a speeding ticket dropping. I dont see myself going 90 to 100 any time soon!