1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cat Urine On Back Deck Carpet

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by txtabby, Apr 11, 2013.

1. txtabby

txtabby 2011 Prius 4

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The carpet was upside down so the rubber side was up, but when I was returning my car from the vet he peed and some got on the rubber. Is there a way to get the smell out without buying a new mat?

2. PosauneGuy

PosauneGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Try Nature's Miracle. Let it soak in. Sometimes the only thing you can do is to replace the carpet. (Once moved into a house where we had to replace carpet, pad and seal the subfloor to get the pee smell out!)

F8L likes this.
  3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've never found anything that will destroy cat pee. Spend time on it if you want but be prepared to replace the mat. Then, buy a cat carrier and a big shallow plastic bin for the carrier to sit in (an under-the-bed storage box works well, and is generally convenient for carrying any potentially messy items).

4. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Try soaking and sponging it to get rid of as much as you can, then liberally spread bicarbonate soda over the area. You leave the bicarb on it for a few days and then just vacuum it up.