1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

cat

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by ronlewis, Mar 22, 2024.

1. ronlewis

ronlewis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Occurs to me that someone might want one of these exhaust remnants, the resonator section back after the cat's been cut off. For example, I don't know how you can even drive these cars in CA when you have to buy CARB cats every time they get stolen.

Instead, I'd take one of these remnants and make an aftermarket spare, a set up that I'd swap in for my daily driving and only swap my OEMs on when I needed to pass inspection.

Actually, these cats are down right now, around $700 at the recyclers last I checked. probably means there's a good chance that even if you aren't in a CARB state, you can place a "futures" option bet on your existing OEM cat by paying a couple of hundred dollars to build a spare set up, locking in/hedging your current value. When the market goes up, bingo!

LOL. Been listening to my friend the tow truck driver who scavenges these as a metal investment.

So, if any one wants a "spare," hit me up. I got several resonator sections laying around.