1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Catalytic Converter 2007 Prius CA

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Brian461, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Brian461

Brian461 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2007 Prius. My warranty for the catalytic converter in CA is for 15 years/150,000 miles. The dealer is denying this.

Who do I contact? CARB? Next step is to contact Toyota Corporate in LA. Next step is a lawsuit. Anyone with me?

2. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Get the dealers denial of warranty coverage in writing. If it isn't in writing, it didn't happen. Send a copy of the written denial to Toyota's customer service address in the warranty booklet's Lemon Law section. The warranty denial is not a lemon law matter; you are just using the address that is listed in the lemon law section. Send copies of your letter to Toyota's customer service dept. to California's Air Resources Board and the U.S. EPA. List EPA and CARB as cc:'s on your letter to Toyota's customer service dept. Send everything by Certified Mail with Return Receipt. I imagine you will be getting a phone call from the dealer who refused the warranty repair not too long after the letters have gone out.

No need for you to incur the cost of litigation when organizations with much bigger sticks than you have can weigh in on your behalf.