1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

caution for those with mud flaps on their Prii

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Bob Allen, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The other day, I ran over a cheap plastic sled that had fallen off a car a few cars ahead of me. I didn't see it until it shot out from underneath the car in front of me. Rather than swerving into another lane without having time to check for other cars, I ran over it. It completely took off the front mudflap and damaged the rear flap. I'm ordering a new set from Canada and will have my dealer install them and check the underside of the car for any possible damage. Fortunately, the sled wasn't made of solid wood and steel.

The flaps are vulnerable if you run over things and/or drive off a curb accidently. I think the flap material is light enough that it will disintegrate before damaging the wheel well.

Bob

2. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob Allen @ Jan 15 2007, 11:15 AM) [snapback]375955[/snapback]</div>

I'm sorry to hear about your mishap. I also have mudflaps and the rear right one is fairly well chewed up because I must parallel park on the street where I live.

Last summer I drove to WY only to find when I got there two of the three screws holding it in were missing. It had been dangling a good part of the way. There is a great dealership in Lander, WY who fixed it for free!