1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CD case that fits in dash?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by schmultzburger, Nov 1, 2004.

1. schmultzburger

schmultzburger New Member

Has anyone found a CD "wallet" that fits into the little space with the door under the radio controls. It seems like a logical place to store CDs, but holds only a few of the easy-to-break-difficult-to-manage plastic CD cases. I haven't been able to fine a softcase that is small enough.

If not for CDs, what do people use that space for?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a Toyota softcase CD case and that doesn't fit in there (i.e. I can't close the cover). I guess we're stuck with the plastic cases

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don't store too many CDs, but I can fit about ten or twelve in the console. Stacked on end, with the spine facing up so I can see what's what. I have to opn and hold the top to get at them, granted, but with 6 "in the clip", that doesn't happen very often.

4. woemcats

woemcats New Member

I got a case at Ikea that holds 12 discs that fits right in there, but I keep it in the center armrest console anyway. But it was a small, thin foamy round case, cost like $2.

5. RWB

RWB New Member

Bad Homburg near Frankfurt, Germany and frequently
    Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Toyota Germany offers a CD-Box, fitting right under the radio. But apparently there's only space for four CDs and the price is 58 Euros, which is something like 75 Dollars. It looks quite professional and for handling the place is much better than the armrest, but to my taste it's too much money for too little space... So I'll stick to storing CDs in the armrest.
    If somebody is interested: the ordernumber in Germany is PZ437-90341-00

Richard W. B.

6. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

For me, what works best is change under the radio, soft CD case in the lower glove box and junk under the armrest.

7. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I use the little storage area under the radio for my small change box and tire guage. I also shove my gas pump receipts in there until I have a chance to get them home to enter the mileage stats onto my spreadsheet.

Since I have Jon's XM radio, I only keep one CD in the car and that one is for my 3 year old daughter. She loves Elmo and Sesame Street so this CD just stays loaded in the player until requested.

8. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I use that storage area for my calculator/notepad to store and calculate my mileage.

9. roger

roger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I don't track the milage, I dont carry CD's in the car, so that space is for a cloth to wipe the screen

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    While it seems the logical place....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(schmultzburger\";p=\"48181)</div>
    I pulled the little padded liner out and looked at it and that space is just too small for CDs. However my sunglasses fit in there perfectly and because of the little padded liner won't get scratched. So that's what I use it for. I'm even going to chuck the old case.

I'm going to keep the CDs in the Console. Seems the logical place and it's much bigger. I suppose if you only had a few you could keep them in the door.

If you have a few, consider getting one of those CD cases that fits over the visor shade. You could even get two, one for the passenger side too. That is if you want your CDs exposed. I don't, which is why I'm using the center console.

11. CitizenjaQ

CitizenjaQ New Member

I have a CD wallet where all the sleeves are actually an insert; there are I think 8 CD sleeves and stiff, slightly flexible plastic at the front and back which ordinarily slip into the front and back of the zippered wallet. I take the insert out and just use that in the front console sometimes. Mostly I just have CDs in their jewel cases in the center console, though.

12. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I second using the CD wallet. Too many times have the Jewel cases distracted me to the point of near misses. The wallet is easy to flip thru and get cd with 1 hand. Before I used it most of my CDs were just stacked and getting scratched when I coudln't find the cases again.

Doesn't even remotely fit in the space in console thou