1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CD changed jammed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by THF, Mar 6, 2013.

1. THF

THF Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We just got a 2004 prius. (Don't know if c or v, but it is a reasonable size so assuming v.) The CD changed appears to be jammed. Everytime the vehicle is started it runs the changed, trying to play the disc. It will not accept any discs put into it; pliers have to be used to extract the disc. (Carefully of course.) Any ideas? It also reads a "CD error."

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The Prius c, Prius v and Prius PHV were all introduced in model year 2012. All 2004 Prius are just Gen 2 Prius. I have asked a moderator to move this request there.

EDIT: Your profile claims it is a 2001, so it may be a Gen 1 Prius.

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    **Moved**.

We had a similar problem - both w/ our gen 1 and gen 2. There's a small gear on the roller that moves the disc in and out of the changer. That gear cracks over time and causes the unit to fail to eject. I ultimately replaced the head unit in my gen 2 w/ a unit pulled from a bone yard via eBay.

See 2004 JBL CD changer - CD stuck. Replace with same or one with AUX? | PriusChat for some photos of this part.