1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CD changer problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rapidj, May 1, 2008.

1. rapidj

rapidj New Member

I have a 2007 Prius with a 6-CD changer. Just recently as I was loading and loading several discs, i recieved a CD error message on the screen. At that point it would not let me remove or add any more discs. Next morning, when I started the car, it allowed me to remove and put in new discs, but it would not play them. It would give me a CD checking message and then nothing. Any thoughts? Do I need to take it back to the dealer, or has anyone had any experience in 'resetting' the player, if that's even possible.

thanks for any help in advance

2. JHSmith

JHSmith 2020 Avalon Hybrid Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My system: '07 Camry hybrid -- JBL 4 CD changer integrated w/ NAV / CD / Radio head.

Just after I got the car, needed to have head replaced because the CD changer jammed and would not change / eject / load / play CD's. After a year, while on a "long" trip from DC to Orlando, I noticed that I could not change / eject disks (AGAIN)! Noticed that a cubby-hole (storage bin) under the changer head was HOT. Next morning, everything was great. Did some investigation: Found that after about 2 hours, the CD's starting to heat up. After 3 hours, they could not be ejected (due the heat induced warping?), but given time to cool off, no problems. Had the CD player replaced AGAIN. I am now on third unit and will be taking another trip soon at which time I'll see if the problem is the same.

Not sure if this applies to your situation, but it may. Check for excessive heat around your CD player / changer.

3. rapidj

rapidj New Member

sounds very similar to my problem. btw, the next day, they all came out and everything was fine. Going in tommorrow for service. I will have them look at it

thanks