1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cd error :(

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by GigaTigga, Nov 13, 2010.

1. GigaTigga

GigaTigga New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well i know this topic has been raised before, but i didn't quite see much of answer to what could fix it other than replacement, but i get in my prius today (05, 106K miles, nav) and i get the "CD ERROR" message. I can't get it to do anything with the CDs, though it will give some strange flashing when holding the eject buttons...see the video

(the buzzing noise was my phone not the cd player)

My question is, i don't really care about the CD player, if its busted whatever, i'm obviously out of any warranty on the car at this point and just want to get the discs out. I tried pulling the fuse, but that didn't seem to help at all. Are there any other recommendations as a possible way to get the discs out? The reason i'm so concerned about the disc is i loaded up disc 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 of my dads Dave Ramsey Financial Peace university discs in there and he said he'd kill me if i damaged them!!

Thanks for any advice!

2. GigaTigga

GigaTigga New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Update:

I went out to my car today and it was still giving an error, but i drove about 15 minutes, parked, went back out about 45 minutes later and the error was gone! I quickly took the cds out and counted my blessings. I'll just stick to my mp3 player via the tape deck adapter :)