1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CD Info - Ipod Info

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bwsmar, Apr 23, 2007.

1. bwsmar

bwsmar Junior Member

so do I understand things right? I have to burn new cds of my store bought cds in order to see track listings on my screen?

and as far as the Ipod goes...how does this info get displayed?

I love this car a 2007 with Package 6..it's terrifiic...

any advice would be helpful.

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bandersnatch @ Apr 23 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]428565[/snapback]</div>

Most CD's that are store bought didn't have the info included for display.

If you use the 3.5mm jack in the center console you won't see any info on the screen. You need something like a DICE kit for that.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You don't have to burn CDs as some store-bought CDs has the right kind of information (but only a few). If you do, be sure to use the right burning software. I believe Nero works for that.

If you want to have the info from the iPod displayed, you need either a VAIS or DICE for that. I believe there's a third choice, but I forget the name.

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If you use your computer to rip your audio CDs into MP3 files and burn the MP3s to CD as data CDs, you can get a lot more music on your CD changer. And it's iPod.