1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

cd/mp3 audio problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pakgrrrl, Mar 8, 2008.

1. pakgrrrl

pakgrrrl New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i've searched the forums for help but haven't found anything related to my question. so here's the problem: i have a '05 prius with the 6-disc cd changer and it says that it can play mp3. when i burn discs in the mp3 format and pop it into my car, it won't play at all. any help? ive discussed this with my friends and the files are named by itunes by artist, song number, and title. i do use a regular cd-r to burn the mp3 files on. and i know the difference between burning it in audio, data, and mp3. i burn it in mp3 to get the most out of it.

is there anything that im not doing to help this problem? thank you.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi pakgrrrl, welcome to PriusChat! I don't think the 2005 can play MP3 disks. I think that started with the 2006 model. I know my 2005 can only play audio CDs, and cassette tapes. Six audio CDs is still a lot of music, and if you burn them yourself you know it will be a good mix.

3. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    To be sure, check the front of the CD player for a WMA/MP3 logo. If it's there then it can play said discs, otherwise you're out of luck.

If you en joy listening to lots of music, try an I-pod coupled with an FM modulator or plug into AUX jack (if present) in storage compartment.