1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

cd player door on classic

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by depriusoto, Jul 14, 2008.

1. depriusoto

depriusoto Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anybody have a suggestion on how to get the cd player door on my gen 1 classic '02 to latch closed?
    it doesn't seem to catch anymore.
    Thanks,
    Ed

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Mine got very sensitive to falling open at the lightest touch but it hadn't completely failed.

I would be thinking about velcro or magnets, or removing the little door entirely.

3. richardlazar

richardlazar New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Mine had this issue, but all it took was adjusting the bottom plastic panel (the one the door is attached to). It is held on by two plastic plugs on the r/h and l/h side near your feet. I basically just pulled up on the whole panel to get the door alligned. You might need to pull out the two plugs and elongate the hole on the panel, but I didn't need to.

4. nimblemotors

nimblemotors Re Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Just about all of my priuses have non-working cd latches. Very annoying. It looks like there is a small plastic thing
    the door latches onto and that is broken. Can it be replaced? A parts search from toyota sells the entire lower panel for like $160. Get out of here. Must be another solution. All the parts cars have broken ones.