1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CD player replaced, XM stopped working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jboutiet, May 8, 2007.

1. jboutiet

jboutiet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I think I already know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway:

I recently had my in-dash 6-disc CD player swapped out because of a "CD Error". When I brought the car in, my XM installation was working. When I left, the CD player worked, but the XM didn't. Pressing AM just gives me AM, no Sat options.

I'm guessing they just didn't reconnect the XM radio. Not sure if it's a matter of policy since it was aftermarket, or just an oversight by the technician. It's also possible that the XM installation would void the warranty on the radio, so the tech did me a favor by just disconnecting it instead of pointing it out to the service manager and getting my replacement disqualified.

What's the best course of action? Should i mention it to the service guys? Or do I need to open up the dash and reconnected it myself (if it is indeed disconnected)?

Or is there simply a step that needs to be done (sequence of button presses or something) to tell the radio that it has XM?

I'm guessing the answer is that I'm SOL and I need to open the dash myself.

2. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jboutiet @ May 8 2007, 01:20 PM) [snapback]437585[/snapback]</div>
    Opening the dash is fairly easy really, everything just snaps apart and back together again. Go slow and you will be fine. Put a cloth down on the dash where you set the MFD. I'm not sure about the aftermarket equipment that you added if it would void the warranty on the HU.

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Aftermarket parts cannot void your warranty unless they can prove that they directly caused a problem.

4. jboutiet

jboutiet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ May 8 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]437604[/snapback]</div>
    If that's the case, should I take it back? Or is it still my responsibility to make sure my own add-ons work, even if they are the ones who disabled it?

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jboutiet @ May 8 2007, 10:51 AM) [snapback]437610[/snapback]</div>

yea, they can argue that you should have checked it before you drove off. I'd just make sure it's plugged in yourself and save yourself a drive.

6. jboutiet

jboutiet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ May 8 2007, 01:44 PM) [snapback]437647[/snapback]</div>
    Done and done. Took me a half hour, start to finish. It was exactly what I thought - the XM wire harness wasn't connected.

7. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jboutiet @ May 8 2007, 08:58 PM) [snapback]437929[/snapback]</div>
    Well congrats! I'm proud of you ... you solved the problem, just as I thought too btw. Congrats and Kudos!