1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CD-player Y-cable - still available?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by KCrist, Sep 1, 2009.

1. KCrist

KCrist New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Several references say that installing a pre-2003 Toyota (single) CD player into a Gen 1 Prius requires an adapter Y-cable, part no. 08695-00370. For my early 2003 Prius, I ordered this cable online by this part number and got a Y-cable where the two Y cable ends have plugs that are too small to fit the radio and its cable. The base of the Y-cable has a larger plug that fits the CD player cable correctly. Is this part number (or cable) no longer accurate, or did I get the wrong cable for the right part number? Does anyone have a source for the right cable? The local Toyota dealer says that the cable part number fits a Celica and says that he does not have a part number for the Prius Y-cable, and he cannot order the older setting kit that included the Y-cable (also reported by others). I could sure use some help!

2. pro5oh

pro5oh New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I have the same problem, I would make my own if someone would send me the pinout. I wonder if its available in Canada or Europe still? Help us please, cant afford a gen 2 yet!!!