1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CD tracks on the Screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jonmac243, Dec 19, 2005.

1. jonmac243

jonmac243 New Member

What software are people using to display the CD track names on the audio screen???

2. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

You must burn your disc with CD-Text. Nero and Creator can use it, most commercial CDs lack it. Search the site for "CD-Text" and you'll probably find better answers than mine.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have used Toast to add text on a mixed CD from various sources. The Text was downloaded from the Net using iTunes. I have never tried to take a disk add text and copy it track for track then burn it with Text but I can see no reason why you could not do it.

4. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I use Nero 6 and that works fine. I just tried Musicmatch 10 which is my prefered PC player and downloader and it did not work correctly. My old home stereo Sony 200 CD Jukebox showed the text just fine, but the Prius did not. The problem with this is that the downloads from Musicmatch are protected WMA's. So to get text onto the Prius MFD I must burn a CD first to create CDA format and then recapture it into MP3 so I can burn it properly with Nero.

Hopefully this will improve with iTunes when I get my iPod for X-mas :D (I'm buying it for myself). I won't have to burn anymore for the Prius at all.

5. Twiddles

Twiddles New Member

I use Nero ver 7. Select the audio CD tab and check "write cd text on cd". Now you can manually type the title of the CD and the artist. Then choose the option to have NERO download the CD track names from the internet database. Burn the CD. The names of the songs should appear on the Prius MFD.

6. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have used JetAudio (a free multimedia program) with success. It has its quirks, but has been good enough that I don't feel the need to buy Nero. It took me a couple of times to get it right, but partly because I didn't pay attention to all of the options.

7. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

You might want to take it off the CD as WAV so you don't lose any quality when you burn it back. MP3 is potentially lossy compression, depending on the MP3 format. WAV is the exact digital representation of the sound, with no compression at all. Granted, WAV takes more room, but you only need the WAV temorarily so that you can reburn to add the text.
    Also, try using a CD-RW for the initial burn to CD from WMA if you don't intend to keep that copy.

8. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Using WAV is a great idea.

9. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just copy my cd with Nero. When you burn it asks you if you want to download the info from the internet. You can manully do it too. I find it easier to copy it so I don't lose, scratch, ruin my master. I also don't have all the cd cases flopping around my car.

10. Fowler

Fowler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Anyone tried iTunes though? I thought iTunes supported CD-TEXT but I don't have track names in my car. However I'm not sure whether the problem is with the car or iTunes, because as I explained in a previous thread the HK Prius has a ghetto stereo :)

11. BobR

BobR Member

iTunes doesn't support CD-Text. I drag songs from iTunes into toast and create a CD with text.

12. Fowler

Fowler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That worked, thanks!

13. tbstout2

tbstout2 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I get text when I burn a CD from my iTunes, but I don't recall doing anything special to get it there.

14. BobR

BobR Member

In your Prius or computer?

15. tbstout2

tbstout2 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ooops... I was wrong about that. The iTunes doesn't supply "text" thru the Prius MFD. Sorry. It must have been a different CD that I noticed that on.

16. BobR

BobR Member

I don't know why Apple doesn't support CD-Text in iTunes, I wish they did.
    Every professional cd made should have CD-Text.

17. tbstout2

tbstout2 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Bobr:

I totally agree!

18. DocToss

DocToss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Way too cool. I tried burning a cd with the basic easy cd creator by roxio that came with my son's dell computer. It has the option of text, but I could not get it to convert to wav files. When I put it in my 06, the text came through great. This is just way too cool.