1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CD won't play or eject in a 2010 Prius 4 CD changer

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Carlyfaye, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Carlyfaye

Carlyfaye Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    When the player went to change to another disc it read as an error. Then it showed no CD in changer. I ejected the remaining three and inserted on more. It played fine. My husband said to insert additional CDs to see if it would recognize the 4th CD. Now it won't play or eject. I took it to the dealership and they said $5000 just for the part since it is the "brains of the car" and includes my navigation system. Any suggestions?

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Call a local salvage yard and see what price you can get from a wrecked Prius.

3. bathala

bathala Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Dealership would typically replace the problem rather than fixing it. Try your local auto shop, who's expertise is in installing stereos, and get an advise. If it can't be fixed, this might be a good opportunity to upgrade with an aftermarket unit that has more features. It should not cost you even half of the $5k.

4. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Disconnect negative terminal of battery. Wait a few minutes. Reconnect. Worth a shot...

SCH-R530M ? 2

5. dhancock

dhancock 2 Prius Family

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Ditto that. I had a similar problem when the car was still in warranty, dealer blamed it on label on library CD and wanted $900 (at least mine was separate from Nav). I decided to pull the unit and see if I could open it up and first disconnected the power at the battery. Before pulling the unit I re connected the battery and the CDs all came out (it was not due to a label BTW).

However, I wonder if pulling the fuse to the radio would have done the trick. Might try that first.

6. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for the tips on rebooting. I have not used my CD in quite a while. I have played it constantly for the last two days due to this thread :)