1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cdn Government Mail-in Rebate - Anyone get a cheque?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Twickle Purple, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Twickle Purple

Twickle Purple New Member

We picked up our car today and got the form to mail in for a $2000 government rebate. I've read that there is not enough money in the program to pay these, and that people are not getting cheques. BUT, that the dealers collect the environmental surcharge on V8 at the time of sale to send to the government!

Has anyone received their rebate cheque yet?

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Your 2008 isn't on the list of "approved vehicles" yet, so don't bother to send in the form until it is. My application was sent in about 3 weeks ago. Last I heard from them is they are "looking up my registration".

Note that this IS government! It took them from March until October to set up the program. It will probably take months to get a cheque.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah it might take a while. They've only just started processing those back in March-May. Although some have sent theirs in recently and got their paycheque immediately (such is life that is unfair, no?)

4. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Twickle Purple @ Nov 25 2007, 12:01 AM) [snapback]543862[/snapback]</div>
    Just mailed the completed federal rebate form today and will post if/when I receive the cheque. Not holding my breath :rolleyes:
    Might just as well mail it in and get in the queue if there is one.
    Gary

5. Twickle Purple

Twickle Purple New Member

Thanks for the quick replies. I didn't know my 2008 wasn't listed. :blink: Ah, I felt a bit skeptical about my chances. It would be nice but I won't hold my breath then.

6. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Well, definitely apply if/when your car is eligible! My $2000 check arrived last night! Woo hoo, it's party time. ;)

So now I've paid the same as those buying a 2008 (Toyota dropped the price about $2000).