1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CDs stuck in the player!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by chutneypopcorn, Dec 31, 2007.

1. chutneypopcorn

chutneypopcorn New Member

Hi guys
    On my drive back from Palm Springs to LA today, the CD player started acting up. There are 6 CDs in but they won't play or eject. I get a "CD error" message which is concerning. I have to drive back to San Francisco tomorrow, was hoping to listen to music on the way. Any suggestions on how to get the CDs out and get the player to start working again? I hope this is not a malfunction that merits a visit to the dealer...The car is a 2007 touring, fully loaded. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Pull the battery or radio fuse for a minute and see if you can clear the error, then try and eject the CD's.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You ain't gonna like my response: "Sounds bad."

I had a tape get stuck in the player and they replaced the stereo. Though they were able to give me the tape back.

4. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "CD Error" indicates mechanical problem with the auto-changing mechanism.
    I see no other way but repetitively load and eject CDs (the stuck one and/or others) to see if such problem can be
    fixed. Similar problem happened to the trunk-mounted CD changer in my BMW. Usually, I switched to other CD and switched back to fix such problem. Not sure it will work for yours.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is there a number associated with the "CD ERROR"??

cause the manual has a few "if the radio says this, it means this" scenarios.