1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cell Phone and 2007 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by priusmaybe, May 6, 2007.

1. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My contract is up for renewal. Sprint has offered me 10% off and let me pick up a free Kataya phone. I pay about $45 dollars for 400 minutes.

I have not installed it in the car yet.

My Service is pretty good in intown and around Atlanta. Sprint seems to be more twice as expensive in Atlanta for minutes over Nextel, Cingular, or T-Mobile. I have heard nothing but bad things about cingular in the past, but not recently.

I hate to go thru getting a service or phone, that work in my house/car/area.

Any recent research info? I have gone online, compared prices, but you wonder about hidden fees, etc.

Sprint had the Razor, but said they got lots of complaints about it.

2. thebrattygurl

thebrattygurl New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusmaybe @ May 6 2007, 10:03 PM) [snapback]436632[/snapback]</div>
    The RZR sucks! Get the Katana. I have been with Sprint for seven years. Awesome service. The Katnana is the best and works perfectly with the bluetooth in my Prius! :D

3. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have two RAZR (Cingular) one V3, one V3xx. Both work great with Prius.
    My daughter dropping my V3xx in Target TWICE. It came out OK.
    I was impressed. When you said "RAZR sucks." Please elaborate.

4. Texas911

Texas911 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a Sprint Samsung A900 and it doesn't sync with my Prius. I can make calls and recieve calls, but can't seem to transfer my contacts, nor does callerID work. Bummer. I'm holding out for the new iPhone coming in June.

5. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Texas911 @ May 6 2007, 11:53 PM) [snapback]436680[/snapback]</div>
    isnt the iphone a cingular exclusive, i guess you will have to switch carriers
    i dont want the iphone, because of the edge only service

6. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The VX8300 works well in the prius, can transfer the phone book ,good battery life and has good reception.
    I have verizon service.

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thebrattygurl @ May 6 2007, 08:45 PM) [snapback]436652[/snapback]</div>
    I second that. It performs flawlessly with the Prius. Easy pairing, perfect synchronization, trouble free transfer of the complete phone book in one step and automatic transfer of calls to and from the car as you start the car and turn it off. I could not be happier.

8. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Any Sanyo phone will work the best.

The Razr does suck - horrible phone.

9. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rigormortis @ May 7 2007, 02:29 AM) [snapback]436716[/snapback]</div>
    Don't forget that the iPhone also has wifi so you don't use Edge when you have access to a wifi site.

For me getting the iPhone depends on the monthly service charges. I'll go as high as around $50 but anything like 70 or more forget it. I do have about a year left on my current Verizon RAZR phone. I can't wait to get rid of it.

10. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OlsonBW @ May 8 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]437867[/snapback]</div>

I have to get an iPhone. :(

Gotta see if we can get the DICE kit to work with it :D :D :D

11. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm in Atlanta with Sprint, Sanyo Katana and Prius. The phone functions perfectly with the car. Easy set-up, autoconnect, on-screen display of battery and signal levels, incoming ring over speaker, one-button phonebook transfer. It doesn't get any better.