1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cell Phone Call Log Incorrect Time

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Rest, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My call log is showing 2 hours ahead and I can't figure out why. Could make a call through their Prius bluetooth cell phone and check the time log to see what their's shows?

2. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So I tried a test today, I changed the time zone in my Prius from Pacific to Eastern and even turned off daylight savings. I then placed a call from my car. The time stamp was still 2 hours ahead. This now leaves me to believe my cell phone creates the time stamp. I checked my cell phone's call log and the times were correct. Now confused, I placed a call from my house phone to my cell phone while inside my Prius. The Prius call log is still showing 2 hours ahead.

How is it possible if my cell phone controls the call time stamp that the cell phone's call log is correct?

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Nov 1 2007, 05:39 PM) [snapback]533634[/snapback]</div>
    It is possible that the cell network transmits a universal time signal which your phone converts to the correct time zone but the car does not. That is why I have repeatedly suggested that you perform the test with a cell phone that is on a different carrier than yours to determine if the issue is with your car or your service.

Again, mine is an 05 and it does not have a time stamp, so I cannot experiment by trial and error. Do the phone settings in your car have a time adjustment function? (select "Settings" from the phone menu)

4. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I found some new information about this issue. I believe the NAV system GMT time offset is incorrect in our 06 and 07 Prius. GMT for the Pacific time zone with Daylight Savings should be GMT -7 hours. I can't find a way to adjust this, maybe only a dealership can do it in these model years. It dawned on me that the last time I use a NAV route the computer showed the arrival time as being 1 hour ahead, we weren't in daylight savings then. I forgot all about that. So now I totally believe the issue is with the GMT time offset.

5. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I was contacted by Toyota about this issue. They had heard about it on the Lexus side before. The rep I spoke to even looked at several vehicles on their lot and all had incorrect Call Logs. He said apparently Toyota knows about this but not many customers have said anything. So there is no word if a fix is even in the works. He even asked them where the Call Log gets the time stamp from and wasn't given an answer, like it is a secret or something. Anyway, I am glad it was not my cell phone or cell service. Now Toyota needs to get off their butt and do something about it.

My suggestion is that everyone should be complaining about this issue so Toyota will fix it.

6. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well here it is August 2008 and Toyota still has not fixed the call log error.