1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cell phone guidance please; new cell owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Freedom, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just bought my first ever cell phone, out of necessity :eek: (no, I STILL don't want one). I got the Motorola W385, for Verizon Wireless Inpulse. I made sure the phone IS bluetooth enabled. :cheer2: Although I have no idea what that means.

Do I just read the car owner's manual to connect to Carmine? Or do I need to buy something else first? A headset, a cable or something??? :confused:

I need to charge the phone overnight and read the manual which came with it. The store got it all connected for me and put the one critical phone number I need in to the memory contact list. Tomorrow is a snow storm, so I will be in all day and figure I can work my way through "most" of what I need for the phone itself. :p

As for connecting it to the car, any guidance appreciated!

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    OMGosh, thank you!

I DID look at toyota.letstalk.com, before I posted my thread (found the link in a search on here). But I couldn't find my phone on there and was getting worried I bought a phone that wasn't going to work on the car.

MWAH! Consider yourself hugged!! You just made my evening!!! :cheer2::cheer2: