1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cell Phone Mounting Kit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by treich007, Jun 27, 2005.

1. treich007

treich007 New Member

I am interested in buying a mounting kit for my cell phone and I have looked all over the internet and around this website. I have only found one that seems to be well designed and easy to install. I was wondering if anyone else has installed some sort of cell phone mount on their 2005 Prius. Here is the link for the site with the mounting kit: ProClip USA

Has anyone installed one of the two custom mounts that ProClip USA has available? If so, let me know what you think.

I am not sure where the best place to mount the phone is in the prius as the two power outlets are in such odd places. If you mount it to the left of the Navigation screen, the cord will run near the radio and other controls. If you mount it to the right of the nav screen or radio it is a little too far away. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to where and how to mount a cell phone.

I appreciate any and all help.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've mounted mine on the vent above the Park button for a short while. I took it off since I can now put my phone in the little cubby hole inside the console. Otherwise, try mounting it on the beige plastic between the seats.