1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cell Phone Sounds on Prius Blue Tooth System

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by greenlv, May 15, 2008.

1. greenlv

greenlv New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Cell Phone Sounds on Prius Bluetooth System

I have a Motorola KRAZR cell phone setup properly with the Integrated Bluetooth on my Prius and I can send and receive calls without any problem. My question is whether or not there is a way to hear sounds from my phone when not in a call.

To explain a bit more, I have the Verizon VZNavigator service on my cell phone which I sometimes use in place of the Prius Nav system. The problem is that when Bluetooth is connected to my phone and I activate the Verizon Navigation program, any voice commands (that you would normally hear on the cell phone speaker) are not played through the Prius speakers or on the cell phone. It seems that only when I am in a call does the voice pass through work. I've looked at the settings in both the Prius and my phone and can't find anything.

It's not a huge deal but if someone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. TSaxman28

TSaxman28 Wandering Minstrel

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    It sounds like the KRAZR is not set up to transmit nav info. (or the Prius can't receive it). Have you tried connecting audio from the phone to the aux input in the Prius?

3. greenlv

greenlv New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I hadn't thought of the AUX input. I'm not sure how I would do that but I will have a look. Regarding transmitting the NAV information, that's not really want I am trying to do. All I need is for the voice sounds from the phone to be transmitted to the Bluetooth signal and to play on the Prius speakers (just as it does when you're in a call).