1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

cell question on NAV in Gen III

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by drbrr, Jul 10, 2009.

1. drbrr

drbrr New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    We have had our Prius V with NAV for a little over a week. We got both of our phones working on the system, but are having a strange problem. At times it says that the phone is in use when it is not on, and continues to register minutes as if it is in use. It then doesn't allow us to make another call. Also, it seems as though we can call easily from our handset, but not so easily from the screen. Is this typical? What are we missing?

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    if you are moving, you have very limited functionality from the screen. have you tried voice activated dialing?

3. drbrr

drbrr New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Dave -
    Yes, we've tried that. When we hang up, you still get the "call waiting," and/or minutes showing as if you are still connected. It's a funny glitch. Otherwise our calls are terrific! My wife was using her phone this evening (very basic LG), and we were both chatting with the guy on the other end of the line and it was as if we were in the same room. As far as we are concerned, it is really terrific.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    that is strange. so hitting the "hang up" button on the steering wheel does not do it either??

as far as call quality. my SO was completely unaware that i was getting the 2010. we had discussed it and had decided that we couldnt swing the payments. i ended up cashing a CD to get the car instead. on the first drive home, i actually called and talked to her using the BT from the car and she had no idea i was driving or using the car.