1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Center and Door Arm Rest

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FJRCRAZED, May 9, 2006.

1. FJRCRAZED

FJRCRAZED New Member

Don't know who the rocket scientist was who picked the fabric for the interior was but they should be keel hauled. That stuff attracts dirt like a magnet. I did get custom seat covers but can't find anything for the center console or door arm rest. What are the rest of you folks doing?

2. tanteb & rgrpick

tanteb & rgrpick New Member

http://stores.ebay.com/Prius-Hoods

This place sells MFD visors, leather console, dash, and aemrest covers, as well as other prius items

I haven't yet bought from this fellow, but I believe others here have---you can do a search to check for opinions.

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FJRCRAZED @ May 9 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]252443[/snapback]</div>
    1) Not eating fast food in the car.
    2) Cleaning with a damp cloth.

20 months later, still looks good as new. :)

4. tanteb & rgrpick

tanteb & rgrpick New Member

2) Cleaning with a damp cloth.

Lol, I was surprised how easily the fabric cleans up--wish furniture was so simple.

5. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I got a leather console cover from Prius Hoods - it's great! She also sells armrest covers, but I didn't get those. The armrest and console covers come in black, grey or tan.

6. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Have you tried cleaning with a sponge or cloth with a dish soap solution on it? If that doesn't get it, try an Oxy-Clean solution. Oxy-Clean is good stuff.

7. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeannie @ May 9 2006, 05:24 PM) [snapback]252462[/snapback]</div>
    My seat covers came with a cover for the center. I've used spot cleaner for the armrest, but if I need to I'll probably get the armrest covers from Prius Hoods. I got the MFD cover from them and really like it.

8. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ May 9 2006, 05:16 PM) [snapback]252454[/snapback]</div>
    So far the wipe down has worked quite well. These 2 items are really easy to take apart and recover yourself but really and truly this material does clean up very well.

9. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FJRCRAZED @ May 9 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]252443[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know I had a entire cup of coffee spill on a gray seat and it cleaned up so well I deify you to tell where it was! I have never had a material that cleans up so well. I wonder could they make say a nice leisure suit out of the same stuff?

10. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Gee, I haven't been deified in, oh, at least 3 days. I'll come and take a look at it.

Couldn't help myself. B)

11. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've got a set of Wet Okole seat covers that included a sweet neoprene center console cover. You might be able to buy it seperately from http://www.wetokole.com

12. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I really think you have a problem other than the fabric in the Prius. You should not sit in your Prius without wearing coveralls and gloves after first removing you shoes and putting on your slippers.
    We don't do any of those things, eat regularly at the Golden Arches and other similar dining experiences , dribble our coffee, drop fries covered with katsup beside the seats but with a swish of a damp napkin all is well.
    Are you sure you have a Prius?
    Gary

13. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Canuck @ May 9 2006, 09:50 PM) [snapback]252617[/snapback]</div>
    Damn, and here I've been driving naked all this time. Hmm, that might explain the darkened seat cover now that I think of it. :eek:

14. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

The color of the armrests/center console was one of my BIGGEST pet peeves on my 05. I did the wet cloth cleaning on it, but it always looked "dingy" at best...

The leather covers sold on ebay and here are nice, but pricy!

I took a more radical solution and traded it in on 06 with leather...
    Now it's still beige, but wipes down and actually LOOKS clean. :)

15. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FJRCRAZED @ May 9 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]252443[/snapback]</div>
    I also purchased center console leather cover from priushoods as well as an mfd hood. Very good quality. I just ordered the arm rest covers for the doors..

9-2-06 just received the arm rests. They are ok...The fit depends on how good you install them..Not as snug as a factory install would be, but look just ok. The main purpose for them for me was to prevent the cloth material from getting wet from rain water or sweat from my arm or a passenger's arm.. The cloth looks like it would stain easily even though it is gray....The center console cover fits much better IMO...overall armrests are worth it for the functionality but I'll give it an average score for the look...I too have wet okole's on order.

16. pfile

pfile Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boxster...WRX...Prius? @ May 9 2006, 08:46 PM) [snapback]252614[/snapback]</div>
    seconding the wet okole covers. they are really awesome, and the color scheme is reminiscent of benz AMG seats. very nice. i wasnt expecting to get the center console cover so it came as a nice surprise.

17. DougSlug

DougSlug Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tanteb & rgrpick @ May 9 2006, 08:02 PM) [snapback]252447[/snapback]</div>
    I just installed the leather console cover from PriusHoods, and I am very pleased. The color ('06 tan) is a perfect match, the leather is supple and attractive, and the fit, considering it's an aftermarket add-on, is quite nice and very secure thanks to some well thought-out Velcro and elastic straps.

I totally recommend this product!

- Doug

18. preludedude

preludedude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm struggling too with my tan interior. I spilled some coffee on the seat, and some car interior foaming cleaner that comes with a brush took it out, but with the arm rests, all it seemed to do was take the stains and spread it evenly thoughout the area. Anxious to hear what others say...

19. darkecho

darkecho New Member

how hard is it to take apart the arm rest and replace the cloth with some sort of nice stainless material over it?

20. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FJRCRAZED @ May 9 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]252443[/snapback]</div>
    update on the leather arm rest covers from Prius chat...after a week of having them on..The center console is fine..Looks good, fits good..Easy to install..Highly recommend...The door arm rests rely more on the velcro...They are a bit harder to install and bec of the velcro they don 't sit perfectly. I am happy I have them bec the cloth would get destroyed...But certainly not a factory look...