1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Center Console Hinge

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by SirKratosAurion, Jan 14, 2024.

1. SirKratosAurion

SirKratosAurion Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The hinge broke on my center console. I'm trying to find the correct part. I have a 2010 Prius Base Model. By the vin toyota says my body style is Prius II Model.

Can anyone help me confirm if this is the correct part:
    58907-12080-B0 found on amayama website which i saw in another post on here.

2. SirKratosAurion

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    While waiting for my post to be approved I've done a more research and taken it apart. The part i need is not what's listed above. I can't find the part i need which i believe to be 58961-47020 that is stamped in the plastic of the broken part. So i don't think this part is sold. Meaning I likely need to buy a larger part that includes it for more money :( still looking for that.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    any luck with salvage?

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Console hinge goes from behind the cup holder in the backseat of the car You just pull that towards you when you're sitting in the seat and that whole cup holder pulls off then you'll see the white box for the remote control of your remote key fob I believe and above that you'll see the hinge if you open your console you'll see the hinge that goes from the back of the plastic up to the lid of the console but it's behind the cover that you have to take the top of the console apart to get to the screws I think I need to go out and look I have a bunch of them apart and I believe that's correct and I have all of this so whatever you want if you're in the US I can probably get it to your reasonably I have a bunch of these consoles apart I was recovering and repadding the armrest for a few cars here and generally a part is how you'd want them so if you just want the metal piece that goes from behind the cup holder in the backseat up to the console lid which is the part that's usually nasty and dirty and needs to be recovered I have that piece I also have the two plastic pieces that sandwich together which makes the console lid a lot of them.

5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Well I'm glad you're from somewhere but I don't know where that might be I'm in Central North Carolina 27243 Good luck buddy

6. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Best way if you're not sure is to find a junk car on offerup/facebook marketplace/craigslists and remove the part when you see it.

7. SirKratosAurion

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Looks like i have to buy an entire replacement top
    Salvage yard is closed today but I do want to check there. Won't be fun in 2ft of snow though.

I sent you a DM

Thanks. I'll take a look there.

bisco likes this.
  8. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yes this is a generation 3 you'd buy the complete armrest piece that would be right You may be able to take it from a junk car if you can find one that's not broken that will be the trick I think there's one out of place I go in Durham but I don't know it's condition they're very flimsy and people are really careless The place that Mendel is always talking about Amiyama may be able to do something reasonable there are salvage yards down in Georgia Conyers Georgia with miles of Prius they advertise on eBay all the time you could query any of those junk yards in Conyers Georgia You could find them on eBay and see what they have that would be the way to do that because then you could talk to a place that has 300 cars no kidding some of the roads are so long a regular person get caught out there for a day or two looking around.

9. SirKratosAurion

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    No luck with junkyards so far. Facebook people refuse to ship so that's a no-go. I'm waiting on a quote with shipping cost from amayama for part no 58917-47010. If anyone has one they will ship to Michigan send me a DM.

10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  11. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You likely cannot find that as the number stamped on the part is not necessarily a part number – even though that number has a very similar format to a part number. If you found the part on Amiyama, order that part. The part number will be the correct one.