1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Center Console Lid plastic

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by SFR-DSR-44, Mar 25, 2024.

1. SFR-DSR-44

SFR-DSR-44 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Hi folks,

Does anyone know how to order the center console lid plastic part - not the cover? Mine broke and now it's a black duct tape work of art. I don't believe ordering the cover part from Toyota includes the plastic.

As you can see in the picture I attached, there does not appear to be a p/n associated with it.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You'll buy the whole lid assembly to acquire. The part that you desire it's also going to be about $200 $136 something I haven't looked in a long time they're Gen 3 sitting in salvage yards and parking lots and tow lots throughout the country with the lid broke off this is gone on since 1982 Corollas and Geo prisms very common problem back in those days you couldn't buy the console or it's lid assembly You were just fubar dead in the water for any money at least today and you may have a shot at it It may cost you but you can buy it this is one of the things in the Gen 3 that is kind of funky that the door panel some of the plastics just not made to be with you that long planned obsolescence is in full effect in the generation 3 model moving forward so from 2010 on planned obsolescence is in Toyotas full view and they are very very accurate at enabling it very well these cars are not going to be kept around like your dad's Toyota's or my old Toyotas forget it You won't see a 30-year-old Toyota moving forward from 2010 and if you do it's a collector's car been put up for years like a Toyota 2000 GT an MA67 Supra and so on I was driving an MA 67 Supra up until about 5 years ago it wasn't perfect condition with a 7m GTE engine in it but that's another day.

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    In your part of the country, you'll need to drive to pick n' pull in North Bay to find the most wrecked Gen3 Prius where you can pull and buy that part for cheap.

SFR-DSR-44 likes this.
  4. SFR-DSR-44

SFR-DSR-44 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Based on the prices you mentioned @Tombukt2 , it sounds like I need to find a pick-n-pull (thx @PriusCamper ) and then swap the covers. Thanks folks!