1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Center console "revamp' issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Stevewoods, May 20, 2015.

1. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Long ago, I went ahead and bought a leather cover for the "microfiber/moleskin" Prius center console.

I am nearly positive I bought it from Priuschat shop and my wife LOVED it. She said it was the best present I had ever given her...o_O

I do admit, it was a big improvement over the original, and it was easy to install.

However, she has a friend who has a "twin" to her Prius and the center console in friend's car looks horrible. Stains, marks, etc.

She wants to give this woman a cover, such as I bought, for an upcoming birthday (with me installing it, of course).

Thing is, I no longer see it in the Priuschat shop. Anyone know what I am talking about and where to purchase? I really would like to keep to the one I bought for the wife, since it is very high quality.

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    buy a scrap of garment leather, some 3m spray glue, super glue and clothes pins. its not hard to recover the console lid. just don't use upholstery leather-- its too thick and a real pita to get it to fit right. that's what I used on the wife's console and it looks great, but it was difficult.

3. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Not a seamstress, not going to try to do it myself. I found a couple of places online that sell what appear to be what I am talking about, but both of them say "leather-like" and I am almost sure that what I purchased was leather. Could be wrong, I guess.

Might just go ahead with the "faux" stuff. Around $40, which is what I paid originally back in 2008....

4. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Can you provide a link to the thing your referencing? I would be interested in buying one myself. :)

5. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This is the one I am finding online. Who knows? Maybe it is the one I did buy....what...that was some seven years ago....

The photo on the place's website is a bit mindboggling. It is some sort of photoshopped thing that tries to show all colors in one image.

If you look at the very bottom of said photo, you can sort of see what it really looks like, or this photo, from an EBay seller who no longer "sells" looks just like mine looks (only I have a gray cover and a black interior...
    The link to the picture from the seller who no longer sells:

http://www.roperld.com/science/prius/graphics/PriusArmRest.jpg

The link to the only recent source I found, although I did not do a long, exhaustive seach either, so if you want to google around looking for "prius armrest" or "prius console cover", have at it:

Prius Console Cover, Armrest Cover, Center Console Protection; Juicedhybrid.com

Oh, I think the next link is the same place as juicedhybrid, but did not bother to check it out:

Prius Center Console Cover, Prius Armrest Cover, Center Console Protection; Priusaccessory.com

O.K> -- finally (hey, it is either this or fix the clogged bathroom sink) -- I JUST found this old thread. I did not read it through, though:

Armrest Leather Cover | PriusChat

#5 Stevewoods, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
  6. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Great. Thank you very much. I'm buying one. :)

7. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    More I look at juicedhybrid, the more I think that it is the same one I bought except I am still pretty sure I got it through the PriusChat store.

Anyway, if it isthe same, it does look leather-like and it dresses up the interior nicely -- and price has not really gone up.

One thing, reading the reviews on the juiced site, one guy talks about taking out screws from the console to install. While it is possible that I had to do that, I highly doubt it.

Seems to me, it was more a fold and velco thing. Not that you would ever know it. And it has never come loose. I would go out and look, but said wife has taken her car to Portland for the long weekend to visit her sister and see a newborn niece....gee...the dog and I are lonely already!
    NOT -- :ROFLMAO:

usnavystgc likes this.