1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Center cubby won't open

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by MaggieMay, Jul 17, 2009.

1. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not sure if it's me or if othrs have experienced this. I put the back seats down so the dog could get in and explore and when I slid the center cubby/elbow rest back to open it, it wouldn't open. Near as I could tell it was bumping into the folded under headrest and couldn't go all the way back. Is it me or have others seen this? Thanks!

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Not specifically this, but I did have to avoid putting my child's carseat base in the center due to minimal clearance when the seat was installed preventing the cover from opening.

3. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    A bit of an irritant here as well.
    I bought the windshield sunscreen which rolls up. I store it right behind the driver seat on the floor. It's about 3' long so it extends over the back floor 'hump'. Every time I try to open the console, it hits the %^#@% sunscreen and I need to reach back to flip it up out of the way. Just don't understand why Toyota designed the console armrest to slide for cupholder access (which the majority here no doubt dislike) as well as pivot up with the hinge with no slide.. An '11 redesign/fix no doubt.

4. Martin37

Martin37 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think its you, MaggieMay! You're welcome. [​IMG] Seriously, others have noted this in other posts.

5. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks - can't be sure it's just me not futzing with something. It is an irritant...hope it's fixed in the future. BTW my Saab had the same slide back and get to the cup holder design. I was always sticking my elbow into the coffee! :p