1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Center Display not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by PriusinME, Feb 2, 2011.

1. PriusinME

PriusinME Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have a 2004 Prius and in 2007 my center display ceased to work. I had my local Toyota dealership replace it for around $500 (ouch). Well low and behold it is shot again. There is a picture display but the touch buttons do not work. I called Toyota again to see if the price has come down. Guess what? I was told it would cost me nearly $4,800. WHAT? Apparently in 2007 when my display was replaced it was replaced with a refurbished one and mine was sent to a company who refurbishes these units. I was told this process no longer exits and I would have to purchase a new unit from Toyota. I haven't done it. I am using the controls on the steering wheel. Has the display ever gone on anyone else? How did you resolve this? Thanks

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I suggest you PM pEEf to see if he can help you repair the MFD (which assumes that you will be able to DIY remove and replace it.)

1 person likes this.
  3. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Try ebay. They go for as little as $30 there.