1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Center of Gravity Strikes Again

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by EricGo, Jun 9, 2006.

1. EricGo

EricGo New Member

I didn't see the accident as it happened -- just the end result and a few words from people around me. Apparently one vehicle driving straight on a city street hit another vehicle turning onto the street from a parking lot.

Result: Explorer has a bashed in front corner.
    Expeditition in the middle of road, flipped onto its side. Sure did not take much.

2. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Jun 9 2006, 07:31 PM) [snapback]268937[/snapback]</div>
    I saw something similar on the news awhile back and the driver of the rolled over SUV was going on and on about how lucky she was to be driving an SUV becuase it protected her when rolling over. I'd bet a lunch that the Expedition people you saw have the same mindset.

3. EricGo

EricGo New Member

I'm afraid I will not be able to take you up on that wager. Would you care to bet that the driver (a 30ish woman) is wondering if she can sue Ford ?

4. GasGuzzler87

GasGuzzler87 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Jun 9 2006, 08:22 PM) [snapback]268953[/snapback]</div>
    if she does that would be a dumb case. When buying an SUV you are supposed to drive it in a way that you are aware rolover is easier. It's like buying a TV and sueing for glare. you expect it, and take the issue into your own hands.

5. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Seeing that you know nothing about what happened in the accident, how fast the Explorer was going, what the angles were, I wouldn't automatically assume that the reason the Expedition was on its side was because of its center of gravity or that your Prius wouldn't be on its side either.

Also, judging from the side impact tests of the Prius without side airbags, a Prius owner could very well also be dead.

6. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SW03ES @ Jun 18 2006, 01:19 PM) [snapback]273093[/snapback]</div>
    Ahhh, someone to defend the gas guzzlers. I'm curious what your point is, exactly. A Prius owner could very well be dead. So? See if you can come up with that missing conclusion. Thrill us with your acumen.