1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Centered text - Firefox on Mac

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by bwilson4web, Aug 20, 2007.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    This weekend I noticed several 'bad things' were happening with Firefox browser on my Mac:
    1. text centered - not the first but all subsequent posts appeared to have centered text.
    2. itilacs thread history - instead of seeing each thread posting in sequence, I'm seeing links to the replies in hot-link italics.
    I just checked and Safari on my Mac does not have this problem. This suggests the browser identifier may be part of the problem. I checked my personal account settings and couldn't find a control that would enable or disable these as 'features.' The Microsoft 'three fingered salute' did not fix the problem.

Just a report, nothing more. Irksome, I have an effective workaround but others may stumble across the same problem.

Bob Wilson

2. Ken S

Ken S Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bwilson4web @ Aug 20 2007, 09:53 AM) [snapback]499089[/snapback]</div>
    Same thing happening on Firefox (2.0.0.6) on Windows too.

3. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    View HTML source and search for the word "center". Is there any
    directive in what you get back to center the text, or do you think
    the browser is doing it by itself? They shouldn't center anything
    without being told by the server, either in the page itself or maybe
    a companion stylesheet.
    _H*

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hobbit @ Sep 8 2007, 11:39 PM) [snapback]509380[/snapback]</div>
    It looks to be coming from the server. The index is returned a set of "cells" a table, with the topic synopsis instead of the the actual posts. So instead of being able to scroll up and down through the posts, you have to click one of the elements and then that posting and all of the ones above it and at higher levels show up. They often have their text centered too using server generated CENTER tags:

[​IMG]

I suspect the browser identifier is triggering this bad behavior. But since I have several workarounds, including using Camino, it is awkward but easily avoidable.

Bob Wilson