1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CEOs plead for mandatory emissions caps

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070123/ap_on_bi_ge/ceos_climate

2. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

There go those lefties ruining the corporate profits and country again!

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Jan 23 2007, 09:25 AM) [snapback]379457[/snapback]</div> Actually big european car makers like bmw, mb - are begging for relief too - the impact there will be catastrophic on the sales of their most profitable sedans and will result in massive losses and layoffs. we will shortly see how green europe really is.

you cannot have a greening society without a very healthy economy.

4. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm very pleased by this.

This is going to make Bush more accountable to the public. I can write all the letters I want and he can continually ignore me. But, with large corporations demanding action, and with the resulting press coverage, he may just have to listen a little more carefully to the public's wishes.

Also, I think we have a responsibility to the rest of the globe to develop renewable, clean technologies to pass on to the developing world. It is exactly this demographic that can make an enormous, positive impact by implementing these technologies in concurrence with their growth and their resulting increased demand for energy.