1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CES 2013 discussion

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cwerdna, Jan 10, 2013.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I wish I could be there :( but haven't been able to go in years as I'm no longer a "qualified member" of the CE industry...

Anyway, discuss your favorites, funny, most interesting stuff you've heard from CES.

I'll start.
    Lenovo IdeaCentre Horizon: 27-inch table-sized computer | BGR
    Apparently, this is not a joke. It's a 27" tablet.

Commercial at
    . Press release at Lenovo Newsroom | Lenovo Pioneers "Interpersonal Computing" with Company’s First Table PC.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I was looking forward to the rumored see-through HD TV, but it turned out to be vaporware.

JimPHL likes this.
  4. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I had a couple buddies there with cool stuff on display. The motorized unicycle looked cool.

The fork with the built in chew timer and scale is weird...

In TV land, the new "3D" is "4K".
    Not really anything too impressive since all they did was put a smaller transistor on a sheet of glass and called it good. And even if you had one today, nothing has that much resolution so it would be a waste. I am not upgrading my Blurays for some time, and 1080 looks stunning. 4K is going to be just a hard a sell as 3D is (well was).

Lots of tablets and phones, they mostly all blend. The Surface and the Galaxy are the only two I think are even worth looking at if a tablet is your deal. I have a tablet PC (back when today's tablets were called "slates") and it works great. I am glad to see some of them coming back after dropping off the face of the planet.

All in all, I don't really know how much longer CES will be around. I was at SEMA last November at it was awesome. The timing is also perfect. For a consumer show, it really needs to be before a big shopping season (like end of November for the pre-black friday) to announce products. Early January is just silly. Most of these things never make it to market.