1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CES begins!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by rflagg, Jan 5, 2005.

1. rflagg

rflagg Member

Today starts the pre-releases of all things technological for 2005. January 6th-9th is the official dates of the show, which will be showcasing everything from HD-DVD players to 102" plasma displays to the latest in biometrics and nanotechnology.

However, today at 3pm is XM's press conference, already with word leaking on a few of their products - one being a home sat receiver with 3 seperate feeds so you can have 3 different stations playing throughout the house (2 rooms have controls for their feed, but there's only one central device), also word about a portable XM/AM/FM/Shortwave radio coming to the market as well. Later today though we'll hear about any possible programming changes, subscription numbers, other new products, and so on.

Of course, Sirius is also having their press conference today as well - I believe at 1pm? Not positive, but they will be broadcasting it live on the web from their site, and also on one of their channels. XM hasn't mentioned if they'll broadcast their press conference (unlikely as they didn't last year).

Anyway, XM & Sirius announcements are the tip of the iceberg for the next few days, with word of Xbox 2 supposedly coming, and the GameCube2, not to mention Blu-ray players and on and on.

Ahh, it's a techie's paradise, the beginning of every January. :)

Check out some press releases as they come available at:

http://www.cesweb.org

Enjoy!

-m.

2. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

I don't know what a Blu-ray is, but it sounds pretty cool.

3. bookrats

bookrats New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(heliotropehead\";p=\"61670)</div>
    In short: HDTV DVDs. Movies in high-def.

I think this will be the thing that gets HDTV sets into U.S. homes.

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    WAY OFF TOPIC

5. bookrats

bookrats New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt\";p=\"61679)</div>
    But... this is Fred's House of Pancakes. How can it be off-topic?

6. rflagg

rflagg Member

Actually, there will be quite a few wireless bluetooth devices shown at CES, also the new CarChip will be shown, as well as many, many car audio products. So I did almost put this in audio and electronics, Charles.

-m.

7. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You're right. Using "Recent Topics" I don't realize I'm in "Fred's House of Pancakes."

Sorry for the interruption.

8. bookrats

bookrats New Member

9. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, this just made XM worth way more than $10/month!!!!!

In case you've never listened to Kornheiser on ESPN radio, it's the best radio show out there. He hates interviewing sports figures, he prefers to talk about Pop culture like what was on TV the night before, and somehow he mixes sports in there to make it the total package.

http://www.xmradio.com/newsroom/screen/pr_...ports_talk.html

Acclaimed Sports Journalist Tony Kornheiser Debuts on XM

XM will be broadcasting the new daily radio program hosted by Tony Kornheiser, the Washington Post columnist and co-host of the highly rated ESPN program Pardon the Interruption. Kornheiser's new show will begin airing in February 2005. XM is the only national broadcaster to offer Kornheiser's radio program.

"Between my work in print, radio and television, radio is by far the most fun - the one where you can be yourself most often. I'm so happy to be back on the radio again and I'm thrilled to be joining XM Satellite Radio," said Tony Kornheiser.

10. tcooper185

tcooper185 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    WOW!!! That makes my XM worth it too. Hopefully it's in a decent time slot to listen while in the car.

XM...a great Christmas gift! I haven't listened to FM radio in 3 weeks.