1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Challenge for a techie

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mike0422, May 5, 2006.

1. mike0422

mike0422 New Member

I just got done mowing my grass. I estimated I am using about a gallon of gas per acre. Is there a technoid out there who can come up with a grass attachment for the Prius? I bet I could get 55 apg (acres per gallon). :D

2. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry, that sounds more like a challenge for Monster Garage! :lol:

3. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    There is a threaded hole in the left front bumper into which you can insert and turn in a towing bolt. Just tie a line to your mower. Put the Prius in reverse and you are all set to mow using your GPS Nav while listening to your entertainment center and between you and your passenger seat you have container holders for your beer. Hope this is of some assistance.
    Gary

4. ml86

ml86 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Canuck @ May 5 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]250577[/snapback]</div>

I like the way you think.

5. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    lol. if you try it. take pics :)

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Saw a article that John Deer is working on a hybrid lawn tractor. Will also be used to power electric power tools, chain saw, trimmers etc at place away from a plug. Can be used as a emergency generator. I am not going to let my car get grass clippings on it!

7. samkusnetz

samkusnetz New Member

i have a neuton electric lawn mower. its dead silent, gets about an hour of mowing on a single charge.

definitely not a good choice for someone with a lot of grass to mow, but if you've only got a small patch (or a lot of spare cash for extra batteries) it's a pretty good option.