1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

change in energy bar fluctuation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by davotto, Jul 6, 2007.

1. davotto

davotto New Member

I have been experiencing alot of energy bar fluctuation lately. I live in the desert, and so i drive on relatively flat ground, with an occasional trip to the mountains. Even in town, i can start with 5 blue bars, then go up to 1 or 2 green bars, and then after 10 minutes or so of driving it goes down to 2 pink bars. On a trip to the mountains, i started with 6 blue bars, then got up to two green bars, and then went down to 2 pink bars, all within a matter of 30 minutes. Sometimes i will park the car and the monitor shows 6 blue bars, or even one green bar, and an hour later i return and when i start the car and drive for a few minutes, the monitor goes down to 2 pink bars. The car has always replenished the bars, but the monitor didn't used to have some quick fluctuations. Anyone else experience this?

2. silver-machine

silver-machine New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(davotto @ Jul 6 2007, 02:24 PM) [snapback]474179[/snapback]</div>

no but I had the opposite yesterday, a 35 mile trip when the prius maintained 7 green bars all the way.

Sometimes you just don't know what its doing and why !

3. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    In my limited experience, I seem to get more variation when the A/C is on max. Since it's been 116F here, it's been on max pretty much all the time recently.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Think about this from another perspective. The battery is good for about one mile without recharging, so it can go from full green to nothing in about a mile. It shouldn't be surprising that the battery state can change quickly. If it seems faster now, it's probably due to higher ambient temperature

Tom