1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Change in signature (yippee!) ... first impression

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Marg, May 27, 2004.

1. Marg

Marg New Member

My signature blurb has been changed from "2004 Prius coming soon" to "2004 Silver Canadian Package A". Yes, we picked up our new car from the dealership yesterday.

What is striking me the most is how quickly driving style can change as a result of the instant feedback provided by the screen. My husband, who has not been reading the chatgroups at all, was doing the driving yesterday. Within the first 30 km, he was already accelerating and braking more smoothly, coasting whenever he could and smiling when we went down a hill. And I swear he was mellower in the Prius than he is in our Mazda.

I had seen discussions of this change in driving style and attitude that occurs in some people when they drive a Prius. It was fascinating to see how quickly that change occurs.

I'm sure I'll have more questions and impressions in the next few days.

2. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Indeed, this has been observed and I have experienced it myself. Enjoy your car!

3. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I remember my first time driving mine, on the way home from the dealer. I followed my parents home and I found myself having to speed up to catch them. :D