1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

change the default setting for the auto mode air conditioner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by syncmaster, Jul 13, 2005.

1. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    On my 05 prius pkg#5 I can set the A/C to blow out the floor and defroster vent, but when it in automatic mode it changes the vent settings to the dash board vent. Is there a way that the dealer can change this default setting?
    I don't like the fact that the dashboard vents cannot be pointed up to the ceiling, it can be set down or in your face.

Thanks for your reply
    Don
    Silver prius pkg#5

2. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Nope, when you put it on automatic mode, it changes the settings dynamically based on what the inside temp is, what the outside temp is, and what your target temp is.

It also compensates for hot, sunny days :)... Really - the solar sensor on the front dash detects when bright sunlight is coming through the front window and will divert more cool air through the upper vents to blow on the passengers. When it gets shady, the air will re-divert back through the floor vents.

About all I can suggest is turning the airflow control on the vents down a bit so they don't allow as much air to blow in your face.

Dave

3. RBW111

RBW111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You can have you dealer change the auto air default to fresh or recirculate