1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Changed oil and flushed ATF fluid - May have broke car; making weird noises, car shuddering

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by SRQ, Apr 4, 2014.

1. SRQ

SRQ Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I did some maintenance today:

1. Changed oil
    2. Flushed ATF fluid
    3. Cleaned throttle body
    4. Cleaned MAF sensor

I did all of these one right after the other and when I rolled out to test drive, the car shuddered and now the engine is making weird noises. I don't want to turn the car on again or drive it. I'm thinking the issue may be that the transmission isn't sealed properly (I may have put the screw in sideways) but obviously something is clearly wrong here.

2. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    This is not meant as an insult. Really.

If you think not properly seating the transmission drain screw will make the car run bad......just at idle......then you are clearly in WAY over your head skill wise and need to get it to a qualified shop for diagnosis.

Before you do that, you might want to start it one more time. It might "magically" run much better.

Then if it does, you can drive it in to have the transmission screw checked.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three