1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Changes at GreenHybrid.com

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Dec 22, 2008.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Good Prius and hybrid friend, Jason Siegel posted this last week:

GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars - View Single Post - An Important Message from the Founder of GreenHybrid
    To answer a couple of questions:

• Jason's moderators (including me) are still on duty.
    • GreenHybrid continues under Internet Brands.
    I am not a spokesman for Internet Brands nor Jason but just one of a team of Jason trained moderators. We will continue to maintain the unique resource of GreenHybrid but the wider community needs to know that Jason is moving on. Please don't read anything into this beyond the ordinary "life goes on:"
    "Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose." Alphonse Karr, Les Guepes 1849
    If you still have an account with GreenHybrid, I know Jason continues to monitor the thread he started on Friday.

Bob Wilson

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    My apologies to the moderators and the community. I thought a posting about the creator of GreenHybrid.com would have merited something above:
    "Anything unrelated to the Prius. ..." Fred's House of Pancakes
    Shortly after I first got home with my Prius, I asked Google for a mileage database and it led me to GreenHybrid.com where I made my first entry:
    Date: Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2005, 7:05 PM
    MPG: 39.0
    Distance: 251 miles
    Fuel: 6.4 gallons
    Temperature: 70F
    Time: 240 minutes (62.75 MPG average, median ~75 mph)
    I had flown to Texas the previous Friday and picked up my 2003 Prius. By 1:30 PM, I was driving back to Huntsville. Five days later, I entered my first mileage record.

At GreenHybrid I met Doug, Ken, Wayne, and others who helped me understand some of the Prius operating principles. Eventually, they pointed me to other forums like "Prius Technical Stuff," Wayne Brown and Graham Davies pages and even "PriusChat" where even more subtle aspects were under investigation. But always I knew GreenHybrid had the mileage database and was a welcome home because Jason and his moderators made it a safe place to post.

Jason's GreenHybrid was a place where anyone who wanted to discuss environmental Green or hybrid electric technology was welcome. The trollish egomaniacs and SPAMer sociopaths were kept at bay so we could focus on these goals. It was and is a safe and welcome place for anyone but SPAMers or hijackers, a remarkable accomplishment. But time marches on.

When I posted in News, it was in the hope that those who had benefited from Jason's work might go back and said "Thanks." Many have but soon enough time will pass. I would not have been me if I hadn't made the effort to remind folks of the debt owed Jason Siegel.

'nough said,
    Bob Wilson