1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Changing Dashboard

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by BluViolet, Dec 3, 2012.

1. BluViolet

BluViolet New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Everyone,

I just bought and a new Prius II 2012 in Sea Glass Pearl and I love the car, but I made a mistake in choosing the interior colors - dark gray. It is too dark for me ): I had a light beige Corolla before and it felt very comfortable so I haven't given the interior color much thought. This is the first car I ever bought new. It also seems to get very hot on a sunny day - I live in CA.
    Is it possible at all to have a new plastic dashboard installed on a Prius in a different color? I think it would make a big difference. I looked at various covers sold on this site and they do not look appealing. Any advice is appreciated!
    thanks!

2. jmrmotorhead

jmrmotorhead Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Not sure on the new dash, but I think you should give it time. You'll learn to love how sleek and clean it looks.

3. ockevin

ockevin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The dash is still dark on the lighter color interiors. If you have beige seats, your dash is still dark grey/ black

4. BluViolet

BluViolet New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for replying!
    Of course I will just have to get used to it now. A lesson learned.
    So interesting how we all have such different tastes. It just looks overwhelmingly dark to me even though I LOVELOVELOVE this car.
    I wonder has anyone else has had this experience making a mistake on the interior and learning to love it? May be I'll post a question in a different thread...

5. BluViolet

BluViolet New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you for that useful reality check!

6. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Do they make the same dash in a different color (sorry, but I don't know the answer)? If so, you can just buy the other color and install it, right? My first question is the main part, because I know there are general rules that if they sell it, they must have replacement parts available. But I think it'll be expensive. I'm just trying to get you a remedy for your dislike of the current color of the dash (aside from using a can of spray paint).

Mike

7. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think it looks that way because you're not used to having the MFD (multi-function display) in the center, but you'll eventually get used to the vast empty space right in front of you. However, if you want less heat entering the car, invest in ceramic tints. You can have Llumar Air Blue applied to the windshield and it'll be light enough not to get the cops' attention.